5 ideas for my baby’s new blog

I blog, which should be fairly apparent as you’re reading this. My wife also blogs on second hand shopping. Blogging is clearly a family trait, so when will our daughter start her own blog? She may be 13 months old, and have only a rudimentary understanding of language, but I’m sure that doesn’t have to be a barrier. There are plenty of ‘baby bloggers’ out there, but an actual baby blogger? Sounds like a gap in the market to me! I even have a few ideas on what type of blog she might write:

sweet-potato-mash

1. Food Blog Potential articles

• Sweet potato mash – best eaten with hands or feet?
  • Biscotti for babiesĀ – do they only exist to make middle-class parents feel better about feeding their babies biscuits?
  • Etiquette – How best to signal you have finished your meal; screeching, throwing things or both?

2. Fashion Blog Potential articles

• Socks – A fashion faux pas to be removed at the first opportunity
  • How much pink should I wear for strangers to realise I’m a girl?
  • Ducks and cups – the new must wear headgear for fathers

Cups-and-ducks-headgear-for-daddy

3. Travel Blog Potential articles

• Plane, Train or Automobile – Which is the best mode of transport for maximising my parent’s stress levels?
  • Holiday destinations – Where to go to unwind from the daily grind (of playing, eating and sleeping
  • British Beaches seem to look like this, so when will my parents take me abroad?

A-typical-british-beach

4. TV Blog Potential articles

• IgglePiggle – the original TV antihero.
  • The four greats of modern TV: Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Twirlywoos.
  • Remote controls – How to find, fling and destroy.

5. Music Blog This is straying onto daddy’s territory now, perhaps this wasn’t such a good idea after all….

Parenting Linky
Advertisements

11 thoughts on “5 ideas for my baby’s new blog

1. jermbarnes June 11, 2015 / 1:23 pm

this is pretty funny! I wish I’d thought of it, I think you’re on to something

• amethyst3704 June 11, 2015 / 1:50 pm

Thanks! Just got to teach her how to type now :o)

2. beth June 11, 2015 / 2:14 pm

Haha this is great.
    I think my eldest would blog about horses and being a teaching haha! and my youngest would blog about ice cream and dolls!

• amethyst3704 June 11, 2015 / 2:19 pm

Ice cream blog sounds like a good idea to me, think I would read that one!

3. Brian Husted June 11, 2015 / 5:03 pm

You forgot “Photography Blog”as a potential candidate. My little guys love to steal the camera every chance they get and it’s kinda fun to see what they snap pictures of. (although truth be told, it’s mostly walls, their own feet, & the view looking up people’s noses)

• amethyst3704 June 11, 2015 / 7:04 pm

My daughter hasn’t quite figured a camera out yet, although she is surprisingly adept at changing the settings on my phone. Photography blog is a good one though. I just need a few more suggestions to roll in and I can republish this 10 ideas for my baby’s first blog.

• amethyst3704 June 11, 2015 / 8:38 pm

Thanks, bet someone has already done it though! If not you have my permission to steal the idea!

4. Becky Pink June 12, 2015 / 11:19 am

Lovely post, it made me giggle. You should totally set her up a blog of her own šŸ™‚ #ToddlersAndTeens

• amethyst3704 June 12, 2015 / 11:32 am

Thanks Becky! I’d be a bit worried in case she started writing about me :o)

5. Michelle Murray June 17, 2015 / 7:46 pm

Aww this is such a great idea. How wonderful would it be to know what goes on inside the minds of a little person. Haha. Thanks for linking up to #ToddlersAndTeens via mummy2monkeys