I blog, which should be fairly apparent as you’re reading this. My wife also blogs on second hand shopping. Blogging is clearly a family trait, so when will our daughter start her own blog? She may be 13 months old, and have only a rudimentary understanding of language, but I’m sure that doesn’t have to be a barrier. There are plenty of ‘baby bloggers’ out there, but an actual baby blogger? Sounds like a gap in the market to me! I even have a few ideas on what type of blog she might write:
1. Food Blog Potential articles
- Sweet potato mash – best eaten with hands or feet?
- Biscotti for babies – do they only exist to make middle-class parents feel better about feeding their babies biscuits?
- Etiquette – How best to signal you have finished your meal; screeching, throwing things or both?
2. Fashion Blog Potential articles
- Socks – A fashion faux pas to be removed at the first opportunity
- How much pink should I wear for strangers to realise I’m a girl?
- Ducks and cups – the new must wear headgear for fathers
3. Travel Blog Potential articles
- Plane, Train or Automobile – Which is the best mode of transport for maximising my parent’s stress levels?
- Holiday destinations – Where to go to unwind from the daily grind (of playing, eating and sleeping
- British Beaches seem to look like this, so when will my parents take me abroad?
4. TV Blog Potential articles
- IgglePiggle – the original TV antihero.
- The four greats of modern TV: Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Twirlywoos.
- Remote controls – How to find, fling and destroy.
5. Music Blog This is straying onto daddy’s territory now, perhaps this wasn’t such a good idea after all….